Stress is the result of pressures or tensions and how our body responds to them. Stress can cause feelings of unease, anxiety, frustration, nervousness, fearfulness or helplessness. When stressed, you may notice changes in your sleep, appetite or energy level. Feeling stressed is normal, especially during a crisis.
Stress can be overwhelming and affect your mental and physical health.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Take five, take a deep breath and relax.
- Walk, do stretching exercises or take an online exercise class.
- Keep in contact with other people.
- Create a daily routine that includes rest, exercise and regular meals.
- Seek support from friends, family and trusted organizations.
Seek help from a professional if your stress becomes overwhelming or feels unmanageable.