Obtaining the nutritional benefits of fruits requires simple but fundamental processes that help enhance their benefits. We share some tips to keep in mind:
- Buy fresh fruit. 🍓🥝🍎🍌🍉🍍🥭
- Wash the fruits with plenty of water before eating them.
- Consume fruits with an empty stomach or before meals to detoxify the body and take even better advantage of the energy provided by these foods. Avoid eating fruits during the course of the meals.
- Consume fruits preferably whole, sliced or in pieces. It is also advisable to eat them with the peel, because in this way you can take better advantage of the fiber`s benefits.
- Avoid adding sugar to fresh fruits, because their nutritional and therapeutic properties could be lost.
- Avoid eating fruits during the course of the meals.
- In the morning you should eat acidic fruits that provide vitamins: oranges, grapes, pineapple, passion fruit, lemons.
- At noon, dried fruits that are rich in essential fatty acids are recommended.
- Sweet fruits should be consumed at dinner, but never citrus fruits before going to bed because they damage liver cells.
- An alternative to consuming fruit are freeze-dried or dehydrated fruit snacks, these are 100% natural and do not contain preservatives or added sugar.
The WHO estimates that insufficient intake of fruits and vegetables causes approximately 19% of gastrointestinal cancers, 31% of ischemic heart disease and 11% of strokes worldwide.